Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Well...this is my very first official blog ever...woo-hoo!!! I am hoping to post updates on my art career and other interest on this site. I am hoping to finish a landscape for a friends long-overdue housewarming gift during the upcoming spring break. I also am starting a visual "diary." Hopefully I will be able to post some of those interests on this blog as well.

In non-artistic Wendy-world:

For Lent I am reading through the Gospels...I am a few chapters behind...so I really need to catch up this weekend. I am also trying to figure out what I am supposed to to do with the rest of my life. Now that I am settled in the great state of Colorado...I starting to feel "restless" again. I am not sure if that is God telling me to "be still" or edge me on to something more. I am trying to use this time to rediscover who I am, why I am here, what my purpose is....and where I am supposed to go from there. As Easter approaches, I plan on having a Silent Retreat for a day...in which I will BE STILL and QUIET and focus on God. I have never done this kind of thing before...so I am sure (especially for me) that this will prove to be a difficult task.

I am currently "transitioning" into a Raw Food lifestyle. Since August of 2008, I have been questioning what is considered "food." I am talking about all of that pre-packaged, filled with preservatives, fake stuff that we call food (i.e. junk food, processed items, basically CRAP). During November at work a parent brought a fruit tray for breakfast for all of the teachers. I chose to abandon my usual breakfast (home-made oatmeal with raisins), and opted for fresh fruit instead. Consequently, I felt AMAZING all morning...until I ate cooked food at lunch, which consisted of long grain brown rice, boiled chicken and an apple. I had heard about the whole Raw Food thing...and decided to begin researching it. I checked out as many books as I could from the library and did a good bit of Internet research as well. It turns out that Raw Foods are supposed to be amazing for your body. My New Years Resolution was to give this whole Raw Food thing a real try. During this time I discovered a wonderful book about the benefit of introducing more greens into our diets. "Green for Life" by Victoria Boutenko. While continuing to research, I formulated my Plan to Go Raw....which is broken down into "Phases."
  • Pre-Transition Phase - Research and info. gathering
  • Phase One - Green smoothies for breakfast.
  • Phase Two - Green smoothies for breakfast, Green morning snack and Raw Lunch.
  • Phase Three - Raw all day 4 out of 7 days a week (cooked protein as needed to control insulin issues).
  • Phase Four - 100% Raw.
I am currently approaching the end of Phase One. Phase Two will begin this weekend as I do a green smoothie and water only fast this weekend. Then I plan on continuing on to Phase Two starting on Monday. I will continue to post my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment