Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Chocolate Oat Milk


I had a craving for something "chocolate" to drink...so I did some searching and found the following recipe on a raw website:

Servings:
Serves 2-3

A nut-free option for a chocolate "milk." This a really easy, super filling and very satisfying recipe. A good breakfast or dessert when you’re craving something sweet. If you don’t eat seeds, I assume this would be fine without the hemp. Also, if you don’t want to indulge in your cacao craving, enjoy it without.

Ingredients:

1¼ cup Water
2 Icecubes
¼ cup Raw Oats
¼ cup Hemp Seeds
½ Banana
2 tablespoon Cacao Powder
2 teaspoon Agave Nectar

Preparation:

Throw all ingredients in a blender and blend for a long time until smooth. Yum!

**I made this without the Hemp Seeds, so I added a tad more Oats. Mine blended well...but was a little "grainy." I am sure that it would have been more smooth if I had used a VitaMix, but...alas...I do not have one, just a regular blender. Also...soaking the Oats first might soften them up a bit, and make them more blend more easily...and create a smoother texture. I will have to try that next time. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment