Thursday, April 2, 2009

Portobello Steaks


Tonight I had the most amazing dinner. I made some Portobello Mushroom Steaks with Gravy and put them over a bed of shredded cabbage and tomato slivers...YUM!!
I used Matthew Kenney's Portobello Steak recipe from his book Everyday Raw. The recipe (listed below) makes 4 servings. I cut the recipe down for just one serving.

4 Portobello mushroom caps, stems removed
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Black Pepper
Sea Salt

Gently toss Portobello mushrooms with ingredients. Spread on Teflex Dehydrator sheets and dehydrate 1-2 hour, until soft.

As you can see there were no "measurements" - so I just tried equal parts of Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar. I also sliced the portobellos into strips. The recipe doesn't tell you to marinated....but I thought it would add flavor. So, I marinated them for about 3 hours (in the fridge), and then dehydrated for a little over an hour. I added some Tahini (about a tablespoon) and warm water (to thin) to the left over marinade to create "gravy." I also cut up one of the strips into tiny pieces and added it to the gravy for texture. I can't believe how EASY this entire meal was, from start to finish! This was by far the best raw "meal" that I have made yet!! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment