Friday, April 10, 2009

Pasta Marinara

I have been craving some Italian food lately and so I decided to try a raw recipe. Of course, I can never follow a recipe exactly....I always have to "tweak" it somehow. i ended up looking at several raw Marinara recipe's and then creating my own version.

Ingredients and Process:
This makes one serving

For the Pasta -
1 Zucchini, Shredded like noodles
1 Yellow Squash, Shredded like noodles
Salt and Pepper to taste

Peal the Zucchini and Yellow Squash, then either chop into extra fine "noodles," or grate them into "noodles." Place n a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste.

For the Marinara-
1/2 Red Pepper, chopped
1 Roma Tomato, chopped
3-4 Sun-dried Tomatoes, and a little less than a teaspoon of the oil from the jar - just whatever was picked up by the spoon when I fished out the tomatoes. (I used the ones packed in oil. If you use the dried ones then you will need to soak them for about 30 minutes to an hour to soften them up a bit. You will also need to to add a teaspoon of Olive Oil)
1 teaspoon Italian Spices
Dash Garlic powder (you can use garlic cloves, but I thought a whole garlic clove for one serving might be a bit much)
Salt and pepper to taste

Blend everything in a blender until smooth (this also makes an awesome raw soup). Pour over "noodles."

For the Garnish-
1/2 Portobello Mushroom, sliced
1 Tablespoon Bragg's Liquid Amino's
Salt and Pepper to taste

Marinate the Mushrooms for about an hour in the Bragg's Liquid Amino's. Add Salt and Pepper. Place on dehydrator for about an hour or two. (Today I was really hungry, so I only dehydrated for 30 minutes). Add the mushrooms an viola! You have a yummy Italian Raw Meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment