Monday, January 18, 2010

College Work


In many of the posts that follow you will find some of my favorite artwork that I created in back in my art school college years. I attended the University of Texas at Austin and earned a BA in Fine Art. I went through many different styles, subject matter and themes during my years there. You will find some dark art that was influenced by my goth and punk years as well as some pretty landscapes that are almost like memories, or shadows from my past. You will notice a wide variety of materials, as that is one of the things art school does...exposes young artists to a variety of materials. Before college I had always fancied myself as a oil painter. I had been taking oil painting lessons every week since 6th grade. Art school introduced me to real watercolors, not the cheapo crayola sets we all used in school....but the real deal...with the imported french cold press paper. I fell in love with water color and painted in it almost exclusively for more than a decade to follow. I hope you enjoy the artwork from my college years.

*I had some issues with the first few images...they will be re-shot and uploaded again. Many of the images i uploaded earlier ( just scroll further down) are just fine. You might want to skip down to the piece called "Watercolor" as that seems to be the first one that uploaded correctly. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment